Fall, colors and Halloween

I take time to check the local reports around the country for their version of the fall colors. I guess I have too much time on my hands. Usually, it's the same story, depending ... not enough rain will make the colors dull ... too much heat will delay things.

If your perspective is to look up at the trees, you might wonder how long it's going to take you to rake them - if they ever decide to fall.

Which they will.

I have an oak tree out back that is losing its leaves and I've learned to be patient. Leave them in place. By November, a big wind will come along and ... whoosh! Leaves are down the block.

Fall is a nice time of year if it doesn't rain.

Comments

  1. I agree about waiting before raking - but then my favorite novel of all time is "Gone With The Wind"...LOL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jesus and the poor

A story worth repeating

My Christmas bird poem