Why write?

A larger question, if questions come in sizes, is probably why do I write? Most of us write, in a form or other. Some of us put it on paper. Virtually speaking, it's paper, this electronic sheet I'm filling now.

Writing is essentially the organization of thoughts that occur in random fashion over the course of the day, week, month, year. The longer the time period, the less connected the thoughts. In a short frame of time, our ideas can be edited for clarity, meaning and substance. When we think in a sensible way, we are "writing" it down, on that electronic sheet of paper inside our heads.

Writing, as a hobby or as a form of self therapy, should be rather easy, alleging the scope of the effort connects to a useful vocabulary and functional grammar. Putting ideas on paper is useful, even if it becomes a wad of waste, tossed into the trash can.

If it goes beyond that, writing takes on a new meaning.

Real writing is hard work.

But it's worth the work.

I've been writing since I was 12 and I don't intend to stop.

I wrote another novel today, in my head. Tomorrow, another could pop out.

That's seven this week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jesus and the poor

A story worth repeating

Who's Jay Hughes?