Wildlife


In varying degrees, all forms of wildlife come equipped with a cuteness quotient. I presume that's a form of protection from people. I doubt other animals relate to cuteness. I don't speak for them, but my assumption is that most animals see other forms of life as either:
a. their potential to threaten
b. their general ability to provide food.

In the case of this particular chipmunk, I found him cute. He sees me as an endless source of unsalted peanuts. As of this photo, he'd stashed about 2 pounds somewhere in the back of the yard.
By now, he's taking them from my hand, staring into my face begging for more and is generally becoming my personal rodent welfare case.

But he's small and has a very high cuteness quotient.

Of course he has a name. He just isn't telling me what it is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jesus and the poor

Fall, colors and Halloween

A story worth repeating